Ifsec International is one of the key events for physical security technology in the UK.
CoreWillSoft visited this exhibition to build an understanding of the UK market specifics and security trends. Here are the key conclusions that company CEO, Ivan Kravchenko provides after three active days at the expo:
- Usage of pure online systems
- Locker solutions are wired as well
- Components with batteries are connected via gateways to be constantly online.
- Readers use predominantly Wiegand interface, OSDP role gradually increases.
- Unsecure 125 kHz Prox cards are still mostly in place. Governmental and critical infrastructures use Mifare® DESFire® and Legic, the corporate world – HID iClass, Seos and Mifare® DESFire® cards.
- The mobile credential is gaining extreme importance.
CCTV dominates the UK market. It reached a new level of complexity where manufacturer-agnostic VMS provides a platform, a sort of App Store, for AI apps open to 3rd party developers to recognize specific behaviour patterns.
New technologies in the credential space emerge as fingerprint-activated RFID cards powered by energy harvesting technology.